Extra! Extra! Read all about it! This week is full of fresh and interesting articles despite the stale situation all over the world. There has been a lot of stress recently, so take a cup of coffee and read some of these to start your day off properly.
.NET and C#
- 5 ways to set the URLs for an ASP.NET Core app [andrewlock.net]
Andrew goes through different ways of setting URLs in an ASP.NET Core application. How many do you know?
- Using Certificates from the Azure Key Vault in ASP.NET Core [damienbod.com]
Damien explains how to can create and use X509 certificates in Azure Key Vault by using Azure CLI and implement them in your ASP.NET Core application afterward.
- Building End-to-End Diagnostics and Tracing: Trace Context [jimmybogard.com]
- Unit Testing Dependencies: The Complete Guide [enterprisecraftsmanship.com]
- ASP.NET Core 5 – Enabling Razor runtime compilation [www.talkingdotnet.com]
- Export data to Excel with ASP.NET Core [blog.elmah.io]
- Domain-Driven Design and Entity Framework Core – two years on [www.thereformedprogrammer.net]
- How are .NET APIs Designed? [www.stevejgordon.co.uk]
- Add Discord Notifications to ASP.NET Core Apps [ardalis.com]
- Download and graph COVID-19 case data in C# [csharphelper.com]
- Setting ASPNETCORE_ENVIRONMENT Using a Web.Config File [exceptionnotfound.net]
News & Updates
- .NET 5.0, VS2019 Preview and C# 9.0 for ASP .NET Core developers [wakeupandcode.com]
- SQL Server Management Studio 18.5 is now generally available [cloudblogs.microsoft.com]
Live & Presentations
- Monsters Weekly 159 – Managing Database Migrations [aspnetmonsters.com]
DevOps & IoT
- Continuous Delivery with Feature Flags (toggles) is More Difficult Than it Seems [michaelscodingspot.com]
- Top Stories from the Microsoft DevOps Community – 2020.04.03 [devblogs.microsoft.com]
- Revert Azure DevOps Pipeline Changes [dailydotnettips.com]
- Create, Build, Deploy and Configure an Azure Function with Azure DevOps and Azure CLI [damienbod.com]
Other Interesting Articles
- Intro to quantum computing with Q# – Part 2, Superposition [www.strathweb.com]
- Designing an automated database deployment process: case study [octopus.com]
- Let’s Stop the 5G Hysteria: Understanding Hoaxes and Disinformation Campaigns [www.troyhunt.com]
On Programming and Life
- How Programmers Can Lend a Hand To Help Fight COVID-19 [simpleprogrammer.com]
Weekly Dose of Humor
- The console logs when I compile my code [thecodinglove.com]
- When I receive the new client’s mockups [thecodinglove.com]
- My favorite response when I’m canceling an account and they force me to give them feedback [devhumor.com]
We hope you’ve enjoyed the articles this week. If you haven’t done so yet, please subscribe to get notified about the future newsletter issues.
Have a great weekend!